The Home Interior Decor and Design Courses provide graduates with the skills, knowledge and attitude required to provide home interior decorating and design services and carry out marketing and business related tasks as a self-employed professional, employee of interior decor and/or design related commercial outlet, building company and/or new home start consultant.
The courses comprise Units of Competency delivered over 20 or 40 weeks depending on your preferred course.
Each Unit of Competency focuses on the knowledge understanding and carrying out of decor and design related procedures required for the development, promotion and practice of successful home interior decoration and design services.
The courses may be studied by correspondence and/or contact at The School of Interior Decor and Design located at Suite 2A, First Floor, Melville Professional Centre, 275 Marmion Street, (corner Stock Road) Melville, Western Australia.
Skills required to successfully complete the courses include:
- Design analysis
- Colour properties and selection
- Briefing techniques
- Work safely and effectively and communication in the workplace
- Preparation of décor and design proposals”
- Compilation and creation of visuals aids”
- Preparation of contract documents in support of décor and design recommendations
- Specialist décor and design services
- Interior building fixtures and finishes
- Cabinetwork design and finishes
- Lighting design, types and application
- Interior planning and furniture layout
- Door and window types and selections
- Window treatment types and selections
- Furniture selection
- Wall, ceiling and floor types and finishes
- Scheduling, ordering and purchasing
- Work timetables
- Essential business practice
- Specifications and scheduling