The Home Interior Decor and Design Course provides graduates with the skills, knowledge and attitude required to provide home interior decor and design services and carry out marketing and business related tasks as a self-employed professional, a retail or wholesale employee of interior decor and/or design related commercial outlets, building companies and/or new home start consultant.
The courses comprise Units of Competency delivered over 20 weeks, including 10 contact weeks every alternate week and 10 non-contact weeks, including mid-term breaks.
Each Unit of Competency focuses on the knowledge, understanding and carrying out of decor and design related procedures required for the development, promotion and practice of successful home interior decor and design services.
The courses may be studied by correspondence and/or contact at The School of Interior Decor and Design located at Suite 2A, First Floor, Melville Professional Centre, 275 Marmion Street, (corner Stock Road) Melville, Western Australia.
Home Interior Decor & Design Course Curriculum
- MSAENV272B – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSAENV272B – Exterior and interior home design components and their function and how they impact on home planning, decoration and design.
- BSBDES305A – Source and apply information on the history and theory of design
- LMFID4001A – Research, analyse and apply colour for interior spaces
- LMFSF3011B – Advise customers on interior decoration
- LMSFS2006B – Window types and treatments
- LMFKB4006A – Calculate fabric quantities for window coverings
- LMFGN3002A – Prepare quotation and contract documentation for design project. Estimate and cost job.
- LMFFM3013B – Measure and draw site layout for manufactured furniture products
- MSAPMOH200A – Work safely
- MSAPMSUP106A – Work in a team
- MSAPMSUP102A – Communicate in the workplace
- LMFID4008A – Assess interior light and recommend fittings
- LMFID3002A – Source and specify decoration products
- LMFID3002A – Floor types and coverings
- Major Assignment Brief – accessories and their application
- Day excursion