The Kitchen, Bathroom & Interior Spaces Course provides graduates with the skills, knowledge and attitude required to provide kitchen decor and design services and carry out marketing and business related tasks as a self-employed professional, employee of interior decor and/or design related commercial outlet, building and/or new home start consultant.
The course comprises twenty six Units of Competency delivered over 40 weeks. Each unit focuses on the knowledge and understanding and carrying out kitchen decor and design related procedures required for the research, development, promotion and practice of successful kitchen decor and design services.
Skills required to successfully complete the course include: –
- Design analysis;
- Briefing techniques and design prerequisites;
- Using colour in kitchens and bathrooms;
- Researching construction and installation;
- Work safely and effectively and communication in the workplace;
- Measure and draw a site;
- Generate design solutions and produce hand and computer generated drawings
- Preparation of contract documents in support of kitchen design recommendations;
- Cabinetwork design and finishes;
- Researching, identifying and recommending materials, components and finishes;
- Scheduling, ordering and purchasing;
- Work timetables;
- Essential business practice;
- Specifications and scheduling.
- Compilation and creation of visuals aids: