This Interior Decorating Correspondence Course provides graduates with the skills, knowledge and attitude required to provide home interior decorating services and business related tasks as a self-employed consultant, employee of interior decor commercial outlet, building company and/or new home start consultant.
The course comprises eight (8) Units of Competency delivered over 20 weeks. Each unit focuses on the knowledge and understanding and carrying out of decorating and business related procedures required for the research, development, promotion and practice of successful home interior decoration services.
Skills required to successfully complete the course include: –
- Decorating analysis;
- Colour properties and selection;
- Briefing techniques,
- Work safely and effectively and communication in the workplace
- Preparation of décor proposals
- Compilation and creation of visuals aids in support of décor
- Preparation of contract documents in support of décor recommendations;
- Specialist décor services;
- Door and window types and selections;
- Window treatment types and selections;
- Floor finishes;
- Scheduling, ordering and purchasing;
- Work timetables;
- Essential business practice; and
Specifications and scheduling.